- 3 small cucmbers
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (black or white)
- 3 pinches salt to salt sliced cucmbers
- option (Add sliced and salted daikon radishes or wakame seaweed if available)
- Use small cucumbers if you can to enjoy the crisp texture. Slice them thin like you’re making cucumbr chips.
- Add a pinch of salt. Wait until the cucumber is lightly salted and becomes watery.
- Now we’re gonna make the vinegar sauce. Vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and lemon juice if you like.
- Mix the sauce and add the cucumber slices. Squeeze them gently to get rid of excess salt water.
- Mix them softly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Mash the sesame with your fingers. The yummy sesame flavour will pop out.
- If you like, add vermicelli for fun. We don’t usually back home, but I’ve seen many Japanese restaurants in Canada use it, which is amusing to me. Cooking needs to be fun!