- 200 g minced chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- red chilli (if you like spicy food)
- 6 string beans
- green onions
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soup (or chicken soup)
- Nori dried seaweed (for topping)
- Steam the string beans for 20 seconds in the microwave, and cut them into pieces about 1cm long.
- Chop up the red chilli and green onions.
- Put the ingredients in a pot. Put the seasoning in as well. Ginger, sugar, sake and soy sauce. Green onions and chilli. String beans will be added later.
- Put the pot on high heat, mix and scramble the ingredients very well.
- When you see some bubbles in the center, the chicken is almost ready. Minced chicken at this stage is called “soboro” in Japanese. We called this dish “Soboro Don or Soboro Bowl”.
- Wait until the liquid is gone, and add the string beans.
- Pour the soup into the eggs, and beat the eggs well.
- Heat a pan very well, put a little oil in, and pour the eggs in.
- After you pour in the eggs, turn down the heat down to the lowest.
- While the eggs are still half done, turn off the heat and put take the pan off the stove. Or the eggs will be dry and tasteless.
- Serve the rice in a deep bowl, put the chicken and scrambled egg on top.
- Decorate the bowl with nori seaweed.